Tuesday, July 8, 2008

3 MC's and one DJ

Scary
Here’s a song I knew and loved in the 80’s. Until now, I had never known what Lene Lovich looked like. This is exactly how I pictured her - especially the way she contorts her gruesome face during all those “uh-oh, uh-oh’s”:
Video :: Lucky Number by Lene Lovich


Death by Cardigan
Here’s a song I knew and loathed in the 80’s. Until now, I had never known what MC Miker G and DJ Sven looked like. This is no way near how I had pictured them. Turns out they’re Dutch, mustacheod and all cardi’ied up - who’d a thunk it?
Video :: Holiday Rap by MC Miker G and DJ Sven'


Canadian Content
Here’s a song I used to be scared of. Down right tame these days. Yes, there was a time when the number of punk-rock go-go dancers equaled that of your band members… A fuckin' classic.
Video :: Hawaii by The Young Canadians


Swede n’ Shouty

The indie-snob in me tried unsuccessfully to not like the original, and now Love is All provide the perfect cover - unique enough to stand on its own while ever respectful of the songs roots. Or whatever...
Song :: So far way from me (Dire straits cover) by Love is all

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So far away from me. That sounds about right. I should have looked into Love is All (more Swedes to love!) and maybe grabbed some Death Cab for Cutie (I know them but have very little) and She and Him upon my recent theft of your music library. Not that I would have returned home with any of it if I had tried, hee hee.