Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before

The new song and video from Morrissey’s soon to be released “Years of Refusal” record, “I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris”, are all too familiar. The tune is surely good enough to get stuck in your head but the video is an uninspired, insipid performance complete with all-the-rage white background, standard PETA reference and bizarro drummer diving. Add to this the greying of the quiff, the widening of the girth and what appears to be the rotting of the front teeth (and resulting apparent shifts in enunciations), and you have a music video that really should not have been made. Worship-worthy legacy remains intact however.

Bad Video :: I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris by Morrissey


Good Video (good hair; good cycling) :: “Stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before” by The Smiths

1 comment:

Kevin said...

When you come to Albuquerque to see Moze in concert in April, you might get to throw your own arms around this girthy boy with the Chicklets of a meth whore. And I'll have my camera!