Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Heartbeat Bounce

It's Happy! It's Fun! It's Happy Fun Ball!
Happy Fun Ball contains a liquid core, which if exposed due to rupture should not be touched, inhaled, or looked at. If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...



I couldn't leave The Knife's "Heartbeats" sitting at a paltry two blog posts (girl choir version; original skater video) - so here's more... this time around the song is covered by José González (even he is Swedish). The song is stripped of its electronica, drum machine beats and Karin Dreijer Andersson semi-timid warble-yelp and beautifully soundtracks an extended Sony Bravia advert where hundreds of thousands of super happy fun balls bounce wildly down the streets of San Francisco.

VIDEO ADVERT Balls by Sony (A making-of video assures me its not CGI!)

Of course anyone with cable has, I suppose, seen this before (though this is the extendo-version) - I come at this stuff through the Swedish-music-freaks-only side door. The ad does nothing for me in terms of its intended purpose of trying to get me to update my 17 year old, 21 inch CRT television. It does, however, make me long for one day releasing my own super-sized set of happy fun balls. But actually, I'm kinda anal about losing such things so I'd probably insist that all balls be tethered to long strings.

Coincidentally, the eight year old supreme packer/organizer amongst us transported a couple bouncey balls home from our road trip in a most ingenious way without knowing what film cannisters are/were or what those strange, foreign loops inside the camera bag were originally intended.

No comments: