Friday, October 12, 2007

That's what I'm waiting for darlin'

Despite now possessing the best-guitarist-to-ever-walk-the-face-of-this-earth, Modest Mouse is not a band I have had much luck getting my head around (a little too jarring, choppy and shouty I think). Their latest single however is a winner. A winner baby! The video for "Little Motel" was released yesterday and it involves a sequence of events/ tale spun backwards (someone's been playing with their "reverse" effect in iMovie again!).

Yes the video is incredibly sad (in its worst form). But the image it relays is one of beauty as the video captivates and manages to play off the song's time structure perfectly. Plays off the time structure? That’s a not-all-that-fancy, I-don’t-really-know-what-the-hell-I’m-talking-about” way of saying the audio and vocals kinda line up with the video’s storyline.

I-really-gotta-stop-using-these-dash-thingys-its-getting-annoying…

VIDEO Little Motel by Modest Mouse"

No comments: