Tuesday, February 5, 2008

America: No igloos or R.O.U.S.'s

A vote for Mike Huckabee is a vote for preserving igloos...

Talking to Americans

_____________________________________

Finally, I got to watch a Super Bowl south of the border. It is a Canadian's dream come true - getting to watch Super Bowl commercials (its a sheltered existence). Up here, the commercials are, for the most part, blacked out and replaced by more pedestrian (to say the least) offerings. Such as, no joke, this Hinterland Who's Who classic from my youth:

Video :: Beaver


Actually, the Beaver beats all those Go.Daddy dot com ads hands down.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, I do take so much of living in America for granted! I didn't even watch the Superbowl or its commercials! What is wrong with me? Wait, don't answer that.

I have to say, I quite appreciated the sincere quality of that beaver ad. My favorite part is at the end when there's a long quiet moment to reflect on his incisor teeth and then the narrator says, "Why not contact the Canadian Wildlife Service?" Why not?, I wondered.

Oh, I almost forgot, congratulations Canada on preserving your national igloo! And good luck with getting your own currency! How exciting!

Ha ha ha. :)

mesmith said...

haha... yeah, that pause - though uncomfortable at first - is priceless!

there are others where, for example, we get congratulated for moving to a 24 hour clock!!!

Cap'n Franko said...

Mike Huckabee believes in YEC (Young Earth Creationism) which includes dinosaurs on Noah's happy, little sea cruise. 'nuff said!

Some of those zillion-dollar superbowl commercials were definitely less entertaining than the beaver one.

I just heard from MJ that you gave us some fabulous mix cd's. Guess I was head-down into hosting duties or cooking or something when that happened. Therefore, I will now offer my belated thanks!

Hope to see y'all again soon!

Kevin said...

I want to move to Canada. Even America, with its wardrobe malfunctions during the Super Bowl and liberal censorship, won't show beaver on public television.

O, Canada...